EWS Certificate Application 2022: All Indian citizens who fall under the EWS (Economically Weaker Section) category can claim their benefits by obtaining an EWS Certificate. To obtain your Certificate, you must complete the EWS Certificate Application Form 2022, which can be completed online. After applying for your EWS Certificate, you must wait two weeks for your application to be approved. You can obtain additional benefits by downloading the EWS Certificate PDF. The Indian government implemented a 10% reservation for the EWS category, which means that citizens who fall under it are eligible for reservation.
We have State Wise EWS Certificate Application Form 2022 Link and Eligibility for EWS Certificate in this post. According to the rules, anyone with a family income of less than Rs 8,00,000/- or less than 5 acres of land can claim their reservation under the EWS category.
- EWS Certificate Application 2022
- EWS Certificate Application 2022: Glance
- EWS Certificate definition
- EWS Certificate Benefits
- Eligibility Criteria & Application Fee for EWS Certificate
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Fee
- Definition of Family
- Issuing Authority for EWS Certificate
- Mandatory documents for EWS Certificate
- Procedure to get EWS Certificate 2022
- Offline Method
- How to regenerate forgotten password?
- Steps to check application form status
- EWS Certificate Validity
- Key Points to Remember
- Reservation Criteria
- State-Wise EWS Application Link
EWS Certificate Application 2022
Citizens who meet the criteria must complete the EWS Certificate Application Form 2022 and wait for State Authorities to approve it. Once your application has been approved by the administration, you can download the EWS Certificate PDF and use it as needed. If you want to apply for an EWS certificate online, you must first go to your state administration portal and fill out the form with all of the required documents. According to the criteria, your family’s annual income must be less than 8 lakhs, and your family must not own more than 5 acres of land. If you meet both or any of the criteria, you can fill out the EWS Certificate Application Form 2022.
EWS Certificate Application 2022: Glance
|Government||Government of India|
|Reservation Category||Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)|
|Certificate Name||EWS Certificate|
|Certificate Validity||1 year|
EWS Certificate definition
The economically weaker section (EWS) is a section of Indian society that is unreserved and has an annual family income of less than 8 lakh rupees. This category includes people who do not fall into the ST/SC/OBC caste categories and do not already benefit from the reservation.
The Indian government implemented a 10% reservation for people who do not fall into the ST/SC/OBC categories but fall into the unreserved category and meet the economically weaker section criteria. Candidates eligible for the economically weaker section reservation are from the general category, and they can now enjoy a 10% reservation if they meet the criteria.
EWS Certificate Benefits
- The candidate needs to fall under the General category.
- The family’s annual total income should be less than Rs. 8 lakh (including profit from the business, agriculture, and professional services)
The person or their family should live close to slum areas, whether in an urban or rural setting.
- In rural or urban societies, manual labor, household work, and artisanship are the main sources of income.
- National Rural Employment Guarantee Act participant (NREGA)
Possession of no more than 5 acres of agricultural land by a single person or family
belonging to a household where the female head is both parents’ lower secondary education was completed in matriculation schools
If the applicant owns a home, it shouldn’t be larger than 1000 square feet.
- If the applicant owns a residential plot, it should be no larger than 100 square yards in a sector within a notified municipality and 200 square yards in a sector outside of a notified municipality.
Eligibility Criteria & Application Fee for EWS Certificate
- The candidate must fall under the General classification.
- The family’s annual income should be under Rs. 8 lakhs in total (including profit from the business, agriculture, professional services)
The person or their family must live close to slum areas, whether they are in the country or the city.
- The main source of income in rural or urban society is manual labour, household work, or artisanship.
- a participant in the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (NREGA) a family or individual with no more than 5 acres of agricultural land in their possession
- having a female head of household
- education at matriculation schools for both parents below the higher secondary level
If the applicant owns a home, the square footage shouldn’t be greater than 1000.
- If the applicant owns a residential plot, it should be no larger than 100 square yards in a notified municipality sector and 200 square yards in a non-notified municipality sector.
Additionally, there is a small application fee that applicants must pay. The State Government as well as the entity issuing the EWS certificate determine the application fee amount. Simply put, it indicates that application fees won’t be the same across all states.
Definition of Family
- Candidate’s Parent & Spouse.
- Siblings & Children below the age of 18 years.
Issuing Authority for EWS Certificate
|Additional District Magistrate/District Magistrate/Collector/Deputy Commissioner/Additional Deputy Commissioner/Taluka Magistrate/Extra Assistant Commissioner/Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate/Executive Magistrate|
|Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/Presidency Magistrate/Chief Presidency Magistrate|
|The authority of the District Revenue Officer can also provide the EWS Certificate.|
|The authority below the rank of Sub-Divisional Officer & Tehsildar are not eligible to give the EWS certificate to the candidate.|
Mandatory documents for EWS Certificate
- Aadhaar Card.
- PAN Card.
- Affidavit/Self Declaration.
- Land/Property documents.
- Resident/Domicile certificate.
- Scanned passport size photograph.
- Other documents.
Procedure to get EWS Certificate 2022
- Visit the state’s official website to submit an application if it is being accepted online.
- Search for “Income Certificate” once you’ve reached the portal’s home page. Once you’ve found it, select it, and a new web page will load.
- After providing the specific information requested on the registration form, click the “Submit” button.
- On your contact number, you will receive a provisional application number or registration number.
- When you enter those login details, the application will appear in front of you.
- With the information requested, fill in the blank spaces on the application form.
- Now upload the scanned documents in the exact format that has been prescribed by the government.
- It is the candidate’s duty to upload legal documents that have been duly approved by Indian government officials.
- Pay the application fee through Internet Banking, Credit Card/Debit Card, BHIM UPI, and other methods after filling out the form and uploading your documents.
- he fee must be paid by the applicant; if they attempt to skip this step, their application will not be accepted.
- Finish the online process by saving the application and e-fee receipt to your device or printing it out and making several copies to prevent future hiccups.
The format of the application form offered by the Indian government is uniform throughout the nation. The applicant should possess the intelligence to carefully and accurately record all of the information requested on the application form. The applicants will be instructed on how to complete the EWS Certificate application form correctly if the authorities discover that the details don’t match the eligibility. One application form may be submitted by each candidate at a time.
How to regenerate forgotten password?
- There will be a ‘Forgot Password’ option available on the portal’s home page.
- Select it, then enter your registration number and the on-screen captcha code.
- After entering the information, click the “Get OTP” link you received by text on your mobile device.
- Fnter your new password, making sure to keep it brief and easy to remember for the future.
- Finish the process by writing the password down on a piece of paper.
Steps to check application form status
- Open the state’s official website.
- Click “Login” on the portal’s home page, then enter your login information.
- Click on the application form you just submitted after a short wait.
- The status of your application form will be displayed on your screen.
EWS Certificate Validity
An EWS Certificate is good for life once you receive one. However, you will have to update and renew the certificate within the allotted time. For one year, the Income and Assets Certificate is valid. Depending on the state, the period may vary up to a maximum of six months.
Key Points to Remember
- Reservation will not be applied to those who fall under the EWS category but were chosen based on merit.
- The Income and Assets Certificate that the applicant submitted through the certificate issuing authority must be verified by the recruiting government agencies and educational institutions.
- The EWS Certificate is good for one fiscal year after the date of issuance. It’s a good idea to periodically renew your certificate.
- Age restrictions do not apply to EWS applicants in UP.
State-Wise EWS Application Link
|Andhra Pradesh||Click Here|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Click Here|
|Himachal Pradesh||Click Here|
|Madhya Pradesh||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu||Click Here|
|Uttar Pradesh||Click Here|
|West Bengal||Click Here|
Through which method one can get the EWS/Income & Asset Certificate?
The links for various states are also available on this page. The EWS/Income & Asset Certificate can be easily downloaded from the state official portal or by going to the closest Common Services Center.
What are the benefits of applying for the EWS Certificate?
Those who formally apply for the EWS Certificate will receive a 10% hiring preference in government positions as well as a relaxation of the admissions requirements for schools or colleges.
What is the primary eligibility to apply for an EW certificate?
The family income of the candidate should be less than Rs. 8 lakhs per year, and they must be Indian citizens.
What is the processing time period for EWS certificate?
States have different processing times for issuing EWS certificates. The EWS certificate is typically processed in 21 days.
What is the difference between OBC & EWS certificates?
Applicants from OBC—which stands for “Other Backward Classes”—are given a reservation rate of 27%, while those from EWS—which stands for “Extremely Backward Classes”—are given a reservation rate of 10%.
|NVSC Homepage||Click Here|