MPSC Group C Recruitment 2023: The Maharashtra Public Service Commission has released the notification for the recruitment of Group C designations for the year 2023. Interested candidates can go through the eligibility criteria and other information regarding the MPSC Group C Recruitment 2023. Furthermore, the eligible candidates can start applying from the 25th of January,2023 and the last date to fill in the application form is the 14th of February, 2023. The commission has released a total number of 7509 vacancies.
The vacancies advertised by the commission are Clerk Typist, Assistant Clerk and many more. The candidates interested to apply for the 7509 vacancies advertised by the MPSC can go through this article thoroughly and then can apply for this recruitment accordingly.
- MPSC Group C Recruitment 2023: Overview
- MPSC Group C Recruitment Schedule
- MPSC Group C Recruitment Vacancy Details
- Eligibility for MPSC Group C Recruitment 2023
- Educational Criteria
- Age Criteria
- How to Apply for MPSC Group C Recruitment 2023?
- MPSC Group C Application Fees
- MPSC Group C Selection Process
- Important Links
MPSC Group C Recruitment 2023: Overview
Interested candidates can go through the table below as it will provide some important points regarding the Group C Recruitment Exam conducted by the Maharashtra Public Service Commission Authorities.
|Category of the Article||Recruitment|
|Recruitment For||Various Group C Post|
|Name of the Exam||Non-Gazetted Group-C Services Joint Preliminary Examination 2023|
|Exam Conducting Authority||Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC)|
|Number of vacancies||7509|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Minimum Education Required||Degree|
|Job Location||Across Maharashtra|
MPSC Group C Recruitment Schedule
The important dates provided will surely help the candidates in preparing their timetable as well as to strategies their studies accordingly. The table below will consist of all the important dates regarding the Group C Examination 2023.
|Application Submission Commences From||25th of January,2023(14:00)|
|Application Submission Ends on||24th of February, 2023|
|End date of online payment||14th of February,2023|
|Last date for receipt of challan copy through SBI||16th of February, 2023|
|Admit Card Availability||To Be Notified Later|
|Date of Pre-Examination||30th of April, 2023|
|Date of Mains Examination||9th of September, 2023|
MPSC Group C Recruitment Vacancy Details
The vacancy details for the various designations have been specified below. The candidates can take a look and then opt for the position to apply for. The department of the Group C designation has also been mentioned in the table below:
|Name of the Designation||Department||Number of Vacancies|
|Clerk Typist||Ministerial Administrative||7034|
|Tax Assistant||Department of Finance||468|
|Technical Assistant||Department of Finance||1|
|Secondary Inspector – State Excise||Home Department||6|
Eligibility for MPSC Group C Recruitment 2023
The eligibility criteria for the Group C MPSC Recruitment has been divided into two categories and the candidate has to fulfil both the categories mentioned below to appear for the recruitment test.
The candidates appearing for the Group C designation are required to possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or in Technology. Moreover, all the disciplines are accepted except the civil engineering discipline or any other subjects related to civil Engineering. A degree in science from an authorized university is also considered one of the educational criteria. Knowledge of the Marathi Language is also required as one of the eligibility criteria. The candidates appearing in the final year of the examination are also eligible to appear in the Preliminary examination.
The candidates are also required to fulfil the age criteria as without fulfilling the age criteria candidates will not be able to appear for this examination. The age criteria have been provided in the table below:
|Designation Name||Age Criteria|
|Clerk Typist||From 19 to 38 Years|
|Tax Assistant||From 18 to 38 Years|
|Technical Assistant||From 19 to 38 Years|
|Secondary Inspector – State Excise||From 18 Years to 38 Years|
The age relaxation for the candidates belonging to the category is as per the rules of the Maharashtra government. Apart from this, the candidates from the different categories can also refer to the detailed notification. The link for downloading the detailed notification has been provided at the end of this article.
How to Apply for MPSC Group C Recruitment 2023?
The candidates can follow the below steps to apply for the vacancies:
- Visit the official website of the commission i.e.
- Now the candidate will find themself on the official page of the Maharashtra Public Service Commission.
- On the top of the homepage, the applicant will find a number of icons. The candidate has to select ‘Online Facilities’.
- Under the ‘Online Facilities’ icon, the applicant will have to select ‘Online Application System’.
- Now a new page opens up on the screen.
- On the right side of that page, the candidate will find a section of ‘Registration’.
- If the candidate is a new user, then they have to register themself first by clicking on ‘New User Registration’.
- Fill in all the basic details such as a valid email id, and mobile number. The candidates are required to create a ‘password’ and also have to answer some security questions.
- Finally, click on the ‘Register’ icon.
- After successful registration, the candidate will have to log in again using the email id and password.
- Now after logging in, the candidates have to fill in their educational details and also upload their education documents scanned copy.
- Afterwards, the candidate has to make a payment.
- After paying the examination fees, the candidate has to review their application and have to submit it.
After successful submission, the applicant is advised to download and take out a printout of the filled-in application form for further stages of selection.
MPSC Group C Application Fees
|Reserved Categories||Rs 294/-|
The application fees can be paid online as well as through offline mode i.e. from challan.
MPSC Group C Selection Process
The candidates will have to undergo the three stages of selection given below:
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
- Physical Efficiency Test
Yes, there will be a compulsory typing test for the designation of ‘Tax Assistant’ and ‘Clerk’ after the written examination.
No, the examination fee is non-refundable in case the candidate wants to withdraw their application form.
The commission will release the MPSC Group C Pre Examination prior to 1 week before the examination.