Odisha Medical Officer Recruitment 2023 has been announced by the Odisha Public Service Commission, Government of Odisha. Those who are looking for government jobs in the state have a golden opportunity. Those who were preparing for the Odisha government jobs can look at the opportunity. The commission has released 3481 posts of Medical Officers. You can apply for the Medical Officer at the official website from 27 December 2022 to 27 January 2023.
- Overview of the OPSC Medical Officer Recruitment 2023
- Vacancy Position:
- Eligibility Criteria for the OPSC Medical Officer 2023
- Nationality and Domicile
- Educational Qualifications
- Examination Fee:
- Method of Selection:
- Place of Examination:
- How to apply for Medical Officer OPSC:
- Admit Card
- About the Medical Officer Post of OPSC
Overview of the OPSC Medical Officer Recruitment 2023
|Job Type||State Government Job|
|Name of Recruitment||Odisha PSC Medical Officer Recruitment 2023|
|Name of the Organisation||Odisha Public Service Commission|
|Pay scale||56100/ in level 12|
|Educational Qualification||Candidate should possess MBBS|
|Application form commencement date||27th December 2022|
|Last date of the Online Application form||27th January 2023|
|Examination date||20th February 2023|
|Admit card release date||To be announced soon|
The vacancy position category wise along with the reservation is given below:
|Unreserved||1000 (333 women)|
|SEBC||225 (75 women)|
|Schedule Caste||852 (284 women)|
|Schedule Tribe||1404 (468 women)|
Total vacancy: 3481 (1160 women)
Out of the total 3481 vacancies given above, the reservation of vacancies in respect of Sports person and Person with disabilities are given below:
|Sub – Category||Number of posts|
|(i) Sportsperson||35 (12 women)|
|(ii) Person with a disability||139 (46 women)|
|O.A||47 (16 women)|
UP Panchayat Sahayak DEO Recruitment
Dehradun Cantt Recruitment 2023
Eligibility Criteria for the OPSC Medical Officer 2023
Nationality and Domicile
The candidate should be a citizen of India and should have a domicile in Odisha.
- Candidate should have an M.B.B.S. or equivalent degree from a medical College or medical institution recognised by the Medical Council of India.
- Candidate should have a valid Registration Certificate under Odisha Medical Registration Rules.
- Candidate should have the required Conversion Certificate recognised by the Medical Council of India.
The age limit for the candidate is as follows:
Minimum Age Limit: 21 years
Maximum Age Limit: 38 years
|A person with disabilities belonging to SC/ST/SEBC||15 Years|
The examination fee for all categories of candidates has been exempted as per GA&PG Department Notification No. 9897/Gen, dt. 11.04.2022.
Method of Selection:
- The selection of candidates shall be made on the basis of a Written Test.
- The written exam shall comprise one paper carrying 200 marks.
- There shall be 200 questions carrying one mark for each of the multiple-choice question patterns.
- The duration of the examination will be of 3 hours.
- There shall be no negative marking.
- The syllabus shall be as per the Medical Council of India (MCI) syllabus for M.B.B.S Course.
- The commission shall prepare the list of candidates in order of merit on the basis of the Written Examination.
Place of Examination:
The written examination will be held at Cuttack/Bhubaneswar. Request for change of Examination centre will not be entertained.
How to apply for Medical Officer OPSC:
- Visit the official website of the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- The homepage of the website will display.
- Click on the Apply Online option on the screen.
- Download the OPSC Medical Officer Recruitment notification pdf, and read it thoroughly.
- Make sure you are eligible for the post of Medical Officer or not.
- Click on the login or Register tap. If you are not registered in the portal first register yourself and if you are already registered then click on the login option.
- Enter your credentials. Fill in the complete form and upload all the required documents like the scanned image of the candidate, his or her full signature and scanned left-hand thump impression.
- Re-check your field application form before final submission.
- Click on the submit button.
- On final submission of the application form a unique” Permanent Public Service Account Number” will be provided to the candidates.
- Your application form will be generated and downloaded for future use.
The admit card for the Medical Officer Orissa Public Service Commission is yet to be released. We will update it accordingly after the official announcement.
About the Medical Officer Post of OPSC
The position of Medical Officer is under Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) in the state of Odisha, India. This OPSC Medical Officer is responsible for providing medical care and treatment to the people of Odisha. The officer will also be responsible for looking after the healthcare system of the state. The duties of the Medical Officer will include overseeing the healthcare system of the state, developing policies and procedures for the betterment of the healthcare system in the state, and ensuring that the healthcare facilities of the state are operating effectively or not.
The OPSC Medical Officer is also responsible for conducting research for the betterment of the state and analyzing different types of data to improve the healthcare system in Odisha. This includes identifying trends and patterns in health data and working with other healthcare professionals. Strong communication skills are expected of the candidates.