Swasthya Sathi Scheme 2023 Registration (স্বাস্থ্য সাথী): The healthcare system and health of the citizens have great importance in the development of the country. This is the reason that the State government and Central government are constantly working to improve the healthcare system and provide better health benefits & schemes to the citizens. Swasthya Sathi Scheme is one of the health insurance schemes launched by the Government of West Bengal in 2016 for the state’s citizens.
Swasthya Sathi (স্বাস্থ্য সাথী) is basically a group health insurance scheme that Mamta Banerjee launched on 30th December 2016. The scheme is completely funded by the state government. The scheme has been rolled out by the Government to extend health benefits to the people of the state in the form of health insurance. The beneficiaries of the scheme are provided with a health insurance cover of Rs 1.5 Lakh to Rs. 5.00 Lakh per year per family for secondary and tertiary medical care under Assurance Mode.
- Swasthya Sathi Scheme 2023
- West Bengal Swasthya Sathi Scheme 2023 – Details
- Features & Benefits of the Scheme
- Eligibility for Registration
- Online Registration Process for Swasthya Sathi Scheme
- Registration Fee
- Information to be filled in the Registration Form
- Hospital Registration
- How to find your Name?
Swasthya Sathi Scheme 2023
Swasthya Sathi Scheme is implemented by the Department of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of WB through a state nodal agency Swasthya Sathi Samiti. The scheme is for all citizens of the state irrespective of age, caste, and creed. Those who wish to avail the benefit of this scheme need to enroll first. The registration form can be availed from the official website of the scheme. the citizen has enrolled under the scheme, he/she will be issued a Smart Card which can be used by them to avail benefits under the scheme.
West Bengal Swasthya Sathi Scheme 2023 – Details
|Name of the scheme||Swasthya Sathi Scheme/ স্বাস্থ্য সাথী|
|Concerned Department||Department of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of WB|
|Scheme Type||State govt. funded Group Health Scheme|
|State Nodal Agency/Monitoring Society||Swasthya Sathi Samiti|
|Purpose||To provide basic health cover of up to 5 lakhs to the beneficiaries|
|Beneficiary||Citizens of the State|
|Mobile Application||Available (Android)|
Features & Benefits of the Scheme
Swasthya Sathi Scheme is just like the Central Government’s Ayushman Bharat Scheme. There is many similarities in the features of both schemes. Take a look at the salient features of Swasthya Sathi listed below-
- The scheme was launched for all the citizens of the state for providing them with group insurance over benefits.
- The scheme was launched on 30th December 2016 and was implemented in March 2018 under Assurance mode.
- The benefit includes a health cover up to Rs.5 lakh per annum per family for secondary and tertiary care.
- The entire amount of premium of the insurance is borne by the Government of West Bengal. The beneficiary does not have to make any contribution against the tip.
- The scheme is cashless, paperless, and smart card based.
- The scheme covers all pre-existing diseases.
- No cap on family size. Parents of both husband and wife are included. It also covers dependent physically challenged people.
- On the day of enrolment, each family is provided with a Smart Card. This card includes details such as family members, mobile no., biometric, photograph, SECC Id, address etc.
- The scheme is managed through a paperless IT-based platform.
- Online gradation and empanelment of the hospital as the infrastructure and services available.
- Hospitalization is completely cashless and digital.
- In case the card is blocked, beneficiaries get instant alerts and SMS.
- The claim is reimbursed to the hospital with a turn-around time of 30 days otherwise interest is charged if payment is delayed.
- On the discharge of beneficiaries, the health records are uploaded on a real-time basis.
- Beneficiaries are also provided transport allowance after discharge is processed.
- The scheme provides rational package rates to the beneficiaries.
- There is 100% pre-authorization with a TAT of 24 hours.
- There is an online grievance mechanism for monitoring the scheme.
- The beneficiaries are provided the facility of a 24X7 free call centre.
- The implementing authority has also released an Android-based mobile app in order to provide assistance to the beneficiaries.
Recommended: Ayushmaan card 2023 download
Eligibility for Registration
- The scheme is only for the resident of West Bengal.
- All the citizens of the state are eligible for this scheme.
- The beneficiary should not be already registered under any other health insurance scheme.
- Applicants are also required to have all the supporting documents at the time of registration.
Online Registration Process for Swasthya Sathi Scheme
To get the Swasthya Sathi Smart card, eligible citizens are required to enroll under the scheme. The complete registration process is given here in this section-
- Candidates have to first obtain an application form.
- To obtain the application form, visit the concerned office or the official website of the portal.
- Click on the “Apply Online” tab.
- Select the “Form B for registration Swasthya Sathi” option from the drop-down menu.
- The registration form will open.
- Download and print the application form.
- Fill the application form and submit it to the concerned office along with all the requisite documents.
- After enrollment under the scheme, beneficiaries will be issued a Smart card. The format is given as under-
Registration for enrollment under Swasthya Sathi Scheme is completely free. Applicants do not have to pay any charges for the registration process.
Information to be filled in the Registration Form
- Name of the applicant
- Father’s name
- Address (District, Block Municipality, Panchayat, Village/ward, Residential address)
- Minority status
- Department (If employed)
- Office name and Address (If employed)
- Details of Family members- Name, Age, gender, relation, mobile no., Khadyasathi Id., Aadhaar No. (if any)
For hospital registration for Swasthta Sathi Scheme, one can follow the simple instructions given as under-
- Visit the official portal of the scheme.
- Click on Apply Online and select “Hospital Registration” link.
- Registration form will open.
- Enter all the details carefully in space provided.
- Submit the details to complete the registration process.
How to find your Name?
WB citizens who have applied for Swasthya Sathi Scheme can find their names through the official website. Check the process given as under-
- Click on the official portal of the scheme.
- Click on “Find Your Name” tab given on the homepage of the portal.
- Enter your registered mobile number in the space provided and select the respective option. Click on Submit button.
- If your records are there on the portal, it will appear on the screen.
For queries related to Swasthya Sathi Scheme, 2023 one can contact at the helpline details given as under-
Toll-Free No.- 18003455384
The scheme is currently active and those who are eligible can apply for the same.
Yes, applicants must be a citizen of the state.
Yes, one can check the registration status from the official website.